eZuce is pleased to announce the 17.08 Beta Release of the uniteme unified communications and reachme contact center solutions. As a beta release, some of these notes may be revised before the actual release.
We’ve been busy since 17.04! While we’ve been working hard on the next generation ‘Docker-ized’ version of uniteme and reachme we’ve added quite a large collection of new features and enhancements for the 17.08 release. These new features include SIP Proxy congestion management tools, configuration support for some new phones and a new SIP message diagramming tool. Unite Web user portal also continues to get additional enhancements including the ability for users to upload their greetings as MP3 or WAV files.
reachme gets a few new features, one new report and various improvements. There are some significant changes underway for the next generation of reachme. The next generation will be running in Docker containers and is on its way to becoming a stand-alone product (i.e., not dependent on a uniteme installation and on its own release schedule). Additionally, the statistics storage and report generation are being moved out of MongoDB and into Elasticsearch which will provide a significant performance advantage.
Big thanks to our Partner IANT for a raft of Polycom and Yealink updates and to João Veríssimo for his work on the Grandstream plugins. An eZuce customer helped to fund and contribute back additional work for Grandstream and Zoiper phone plugins.
Also as always, hats off to the Dev & QA teams at eZuce as they have done excellent work on this release!
In all 76 issues (enhancements / fixes) are addressed for uniteme and reachme in this beta release.
In a change from our recent releases every 4 months, we’re planning on a 17.10 release as our next release. This will be a release focused on the next generation reachme statistics as well as a new option uniteme for anchoring calls in freeswitch.
uniteme New Features:
- Zoiper Provisioning Support
- G.729 Codec included
- Optional Retry-After header in Proxy 503 Responses when Overloaded
- Proxy Congestion Management feature
- Grandstream 2130, 2140 and 2160 Phone Templates
- Allow MP3 or WAV User Greeting Upload in Unite Web User Settings
- New SIP Log Diagram tool to display SIP message flows
- Improvements to Yealink phone configurations
- AutoProvision service now supports Yealink phones
- Support for Cisco Discovery Protocol settings
- Phone power savings setting for firmware 8.x and later.
- Local DTMF Tone parameter
- Improvements to Polycom phone configurations
- RealPresence Trio Firmware Support
- Call Waiting Behaviour
- Device Base Profile (Ensure Generic for phones that may have shipped as Lync phones)
- Firmware 5.5.2 support
- Display calling number and caller-id in Unite Web Voicemail page
- Flexible automatic Phone Line label generation for Polycom phones
- Allow SipRedirectorPickUp port to bind to other TCP/IP Ports
- gridfs-voicemail-cli.jar command line tool now allows upload of voicemail greeting
- New REST Calls
reachme New Features:
- Block transfer to queue when there are no eligible agents
- Added ‘agent’ specific skill to remove skill in a recipe action
- On Hold Counter in the Agent Session Manager to show how long a call has been on hold.
- Improved the outbound user experience
- Add Calling Number to Filters in the reachme Call Recording widget
- Report Improvements:
- Agent Productivity Reports get ‘Available Time’ column added.
- Allow Reach reports that use Interval Data to hide intervals with no activity.
Full Beta Release Notes with installation information are located here: 17.08 Full Beta Release Notes
Who Should Install?
This is a beta release and not recommended for production use.
This release is recommended for all 4.6 and later installations. If you have a patch installed to your system a new patch may be required. Please contact email@example.com if think you may have a patch applied as that may be replaced during the update.
eZuce’s software products continuously progress through an Agile based development methodology that keeps feature functionality comprehensive and up-to-date in response to evolving market and customer requirements.
New software releases are made at a rate of four to six releases a year. Releases are numbered in the .. format where and designate the year and the month, respectively, in which a release is made generally available. Where applicable, corresponds to an update release relative to a general release on which fixes are made available.
In order to ensure service continuity and stability, customers may keep their production environments unchanged for up to a 6-month period during which release updates or patches are made available. After a release is more than 6-months old, eZuce customers would have to upgrade to the latest generally available release – inclusive of all fixes to date and any new patches.
If you have questions about updating you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or if you need assistance with the update contact your account manager or email email@example.com.
Specific Issues Addressed
Specific issues can be located in the detailed release notes in the wiki at: http://wiki.ezuce.com/display/unite/uniteme+17.08+Beta